The data we collect, and how it is used
- Your e-mail address to verify and maintain your account, facilitate purchases and send you information on your purchases. Using Gameolith requires a valid e-mail address. We will not send you any unsolicited commercial e-mail.
- Your real name to speed up payments and aid in technical support. It will only be used if you provide it to us.
- Your IP address which will be used to find your country, which is used to serve you product pages in the correct currency appropriate to your country.
All data that we collect will be processed in compliance with the United Kingdom Data Protection Act 1998. We do not store credit card details, and no personal information that you provide to us will be shared with third parties without your consent, unless required by UK and/or EU law.
Notes on digital rights management
Purchasing products containing DRM labelled E-mail address and product key will send your e-mail address to the developer to generate a product key. Your e-mail address will be used as a part of the activation process.
Other services we use that may collect data
- Google Analytics is used to keep track of visitor numbers, where they come from and how they use our website. We use this data in design decisions and improving the user experience, to seek out new communities we can engage with, and to analyse the effectiveness of our advertising.
- CloudFlare is used to help secure our sites against malicious visitors and help speed up access to Gameolith.
- VigLink is used to track outgoing links and to earn money from affiliate programmes on certain websites.
- Desk.com is used for our knowledge base, and long-form customer support. You are using Desk.com right now.